Under the direction of Alfred Vilayleck, unusual melodies, complex rhythms, collective improvisations and lame grooves intermingle… A sound universe inspired by jazz and improvised music, with accents of rock, noise, funk, sometimes even electro.
A writing influenced by the classical music of the 20th century, the contemporary music, the traditional African and Indian music.
Grand Ensemble Koa, a “mini” electric big band, with atypical instrumentation and an explosive character!
- Matthieu Chédeville : soprano sax
- Armel Courrée : alto sax and barython
- Jérôme Dufour : tenor sax
- Pascal Bouvier : trombone
- Sylvain Artignan : clarinet
- Mattia Levréro : guitar
- Yoan Fernandez : guitar
- Samuel Mastorakis : vibraphone
- Daniel Moreau : keyboards, piano
- Guylain Domas : electric bass
- Alfred Vilayleck : bass, composition
- Julien Grégoire : drums
- Xavier Besson : voice and lyrics